Intel Youth Enterprise
The Innovation camp is a two day long workshop, in which participants go through the learning process to ideate, innovate and imagine social entrepreneurship by creating innovative solutions to identified problem
Click on the link to see a short audio visual on the Kilkenny, Ireland Innovation Camp:
Intel Youth Enterprise Program
Intel’s Ideation Workshop
Cases and Challenges
Developing ideation and innovation skills is the main outcome of the program. To set the context and to develop a foundation for these skills to be developed, the participants are first required to understand a problem or a case. This case is based on a real challenge a community isfacing in the participants neighborhood or countries.
The Intel Ideation workshop in where the participants undergo ideation and innovation skills training. The workshop is a two days long, during which the participants go through a ideation process to come up with innovative solutions to identified problems. The participants are then given an environment to convert their innovation into reality.The entire workshop is based on tools and frameworks which has the following four steps:
- Exploration of user case and identification of problem areas,
- Screening of new technologies and their application uses,
- Creation of innovative solutions based on technology and user research,
- Learning prototyping and pitching.
Intel's Entrepreneurship Basics Course
Moving on the participants is expected to pitch their solutions to their target community (underserved youth and women). Participants undergo intensive mentoring and coaching as they implement their designed solutions to show a proof of concept. These participants at this point of time also get training on Entrepreneurship Basics (E-Basics) a starter toolkit which contains self paced online or CD based learning on the fundamentals of entrepreneurship and technology that can be used to empower the solutions. Together, the complete toolkit is of 40 hours content and it aims to provide all the support needed to commercialize and scale the designed solutions.
By the end of this, participants are expected to:
- Validated a good business idea and researched it.
- Developed an understanding regarding the steps need to implement solution, start up and run business.
- Written a comprehensive business plan to guide the business.
- Gained the knowledge and skills needed to successfully manage business financials as well as business operations for enterprises
Apart from this, participants retain a completed copy of their Participant Handbook which will contain all the key work done with respect to their own idea. At the end of the course, this completed Participant Handbook can be used by participants to initiate/improve or scale their solutions.
To download the course: Click Here